Solar Panel theft and damage is a major problem in Africa and around the world. We have developed several methods of protecting solar panels in remote and harsh environments.
Typical applications include:
- Monitoring stations and telemetry systems - water, sewerage, rail, road, etc.
- Remote radio towers (Data and voice systems) - WAPA members take note!
- Solar borehole pumps
- Various farming applications
- Opencast mine data systems
- Roadside monitoring equipment
- Clinics and hospitals
- Advertising and data displays (Bus stops and taxi ranks)
- Pipeline monitoring
The solar panel protection system is available in two version: SPX and SPL. The SPX system protects the panels from harsh attacks, including direct attacks to the damage the panels (hammers, levers, hacksaws, rocks, pangas, axes etc.). The SPL system protects the panels from theft.
Our range of protected panels include: 10W, 20W, 40W, 50W, 80W and 140W.
WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO - we attack the panel with various tools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU60p-wBvKg&feature=plcp
Short overview document: SOLAR PANEL PROTECTION
2x80W Solar panel installation at a remote hilltop radio repeater tower.
First generation solar panel protection frame Second generation solar panel protection frame (10W Shown)